SailMaker provides the tools you need to produce top quality sail designs in less time.
The SailMaker range of programs covers everything from simple headsail and mainsail design to sophisticated mould shapes and panel layouts for any type of saill.
- The practical approach ensures that the user makes savings in design and production time and materials.
- All of this is achieved with the use of an accurate, surface based, three dimensional model and exceptionally easy to use graphical tools.
- Interfacing to most plotters and cutters and also stress analysis, VPP and CAD programs, ensures maximum compatibility.
- Simple scaling and advanced fairing techniques are available to help you make faster sails.
Combining ease of use with the speed of the Macintosh and Windows based computers, SailMaker has brought within reach of every sail loft, the opportunity to benefit from computer aided design and manufacturing techniques without the need for a large capital investment. Finally, and most importantly, the programming team at SailScience Ltd have, since 1983, worked very closely with existing customers to ensure the software meets their requirements in the most practical and productive fashion. This intimate liaison has resulted firstly in the most useful and well proven sail design and production demonstrates the continued interest, development and support available from SailScience.
SailMaker takes advantage of the Macintosh's superior user environment, allowing a sail designer to become an efficient user in a matter of hours, without requiring any keyboard skills
Unlike the confusing 'numbers based' systems, SailMaker consistently presents you with your choice of clear, accurate graphical displays to design your sail shapes by use of the mouse. Virtually unlimited numbers of shaping chords and precise digital information is always shown, giving you complete design control. Chords may be elliptical in shape and most importantly they incorporate 'twist'.
Existing successful designs may be rescaled by simply altering the luff, leech and foot or LP dimensions. Then alterations made to edge shaping, battens and production card. Full details may be printed at any time.
Positions of battens, windows and even detailing like telltales and camber stripes may be determined.
SailMaker is supplied with several well proven sample sail designs and full support from SailScience. Once you have achieved the desired mould shape the next phase is panel development. SailMaker's PatternMaker module allows you to develop panel layouts, without placing restrictions on the regions or patterns you create. You choose material, seam and panel widths as appropriate then SailMaker accurately and swiftly develops the individually shaped 2D panels.
PatternMaker is the panelling tool built into SailMaker.It allows the development of completely unlimited panel layouts.
- Unlimited panel layouts through the use of unrestricted regional seams and unrestricted patterns within the regions.
- Flexible approach to switching between regions and redeveloping regional seams and patterns.
- Zoom and drag functions.
- 3D graphical previews.
- Faster panel development
- Allows you to reduce fabric waste.
SailMaker runs on all versions of Mac OS X up to 10.6